Tavistock Flapjackery Shop
We opened our first Flapjackery shop in March 2019 in our wonderful historic home town of Tavistock to show case our flapjack flavours, try out new ideas and introduce our new range of “handmade by us” goodies to our great customers. These include our handmade fudges such as our clotted cream fudge oozing with delicious Westcountry cream and topped off with a drizzling of Belgian white chocolate, a range of luxurious fresh cream truffles for you to pick and mix, bags of golden crunchy honeycomb – with or without chocolate, citrus slices dipped in dark chocolate, Dartmoor sheep with red hats and of course our gluten free oats for the porridge eaters, to name a few things.
Our Christmas items include four sizes of hampers – made by us or for you to choose your own fillings, handmade chocolate Christmas trees and of course our festive flapjack flavours in or out of presentation boxes – gift wrapped if you want (small charge).
Orders can of course be collected from the shop to save on carriage costs, please call ahead to check availability if you are after something special.
Where to find us
The Flapjackery shop is at:
14 Duke Street,
Tel: 01822 258153
Open Monday to Saturday, 9.30 am – 5.00pm
We are on the main high street of Tavistock opposite St Luke’s and Carphone Warehouse.
Google maps still show us as still being Odd & Suds but take no notice! Don’t get confused with our bakery address at Unit 10, PL19 9AZ. This is only by appointment, where all the worker-bees are busy cooking and creating your orders.
The Flajackery Shop Range
We obviously love to show case and trial our flapjacks and have added some more “handmade by us” items including our:
- Our full range of Flapjackery flapjacks
- Bite bags, mini cubes of our best-selling flapjacks to nibble
- Handmade mini chocolate bars in honeycomb, raspberry, orange or mint – ideal for Christmas stockings you’ll find!
- Plump chocolate Dartmoor sheep and hens in milk, dark and white chocolate
- Bags of crunchy honeycomb, plain or drizzled with Belgian dark chocolate
- Tangy orange and lemon slices dipped in dark chocolate
- Shelves laden with handmade dark chocolate, white chocolate and milk chocolate truffles
- Jars brimming with Flapjackery raspberry jam
- Packets stuffed full of Dartmoor Dollops – our very own clusters of rocky road
- Bags of our handmade Devonshire fudge, peanut brittle, coconut ice, nougat and chocolate bark in wonderful flavours
- For the cook we have bags of gluten-free Flapjackery oats, chocolate buttons, callets and cocoa nibs.
Our Christmas range
We are now stocking our full Christmas range which include:
- Christmas hampers packed full of festive treats for any Flapjackery fan
- Chocolate Christmas tree decorations
- Festive Flapjackery Flapjack flavours, made only at Christmas
- New boxes sizes
- Gift wrapping service.
Order and pick up service
Want to place an order to be picked up from our shop? No problem just give us a call: 01822 258153 and we will have it ready for you! We also take orders for our Mega Flapjackery Flapjack with a personalised message for that special person, but we do need a few days’ notice as each one is baked and decorated specifically to order.
Tavistock, Ancient Stannary and Market Town
Tavistock is nestled in South West England on the edge of Dartmoor, bursting with independent shops and the famous pannier market. Its situated on the River Tavy, from which its name derives and can trace its recorded history back to at least 961 when Tavistock Abbey was founded.
In 1105 a Royal Charter was granted by Henry I to the monks of Tavistock to run a weekly “Pannier Market” (so called after the baskets used to carry goods) on a Friday, which still takes place today. In 1116 a three-day fair was also granted to mark the feast of Saint Rumon, another tradition that is still maintained in the shape of the annual “Goosey” fair on the second Wednesday in October.
In 1305, with the growing importance of the area as one of Europe’s richest sources of tin, Tavistock was one of the four stannary towns appointed by charter of Edward I, where tin was stamped and weighed and monthly courts were held for the regulation of mining affairs.
Sir Francis Drake is our most famous resident, born at Crowndale Farm in Tavistock, a champion of Queen Elizabeth, the first Englishman to circumnavigate the world, and one of the English commanders in the famously decisive victory against the Spanish Armada in 1588.
If you are planning to visit Tavistock, take a look at the visit Tavistock website for information on what to see and do along with upcoming events.
This summer Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall visited Tavistock as part of three-day visit to Devon and Cornwall. Owners Carol and Sally were lucky enough to meet the royal couple who chose to stop at Flapjackery and select 3 flavours of our handmade flapjacks, now available as the “Royal Box” from our online shop!